Saturday, December 31, 2005

And one more


Since I'm behind on posting, how about a cat-free post?

With 1/6th stuff rapidly getting scarce on shelves, it's more important than ever to develop that "1/6th eye," and spot your props where you can find them. Here are some items I found at a Dollar Tree a year or so back.

First, bags of snakes and lizards. These really juice up any jungle or swamp scene.

Second, an illuminated sign intended for a Christmas village. It's illuminated by colored LEDs in the black frame. I turned it into a computer monitor, by prying it apart to slide out the clear, plastic, insert. I sanded it to remove the raised lettering, and to "frost" the glass. Then I printed a paper insert and slid this in behind the plastic, and backed it with foil. This is the result.

Yes, if you're paying close attention, the screen print is a negative image of the Stargate dialing computer display from "Stargate SG-1." I stole the picture from the web (a handy source for all sorts of Joe-sized maps and screen displays).

No comments: