Monday, February 27, 2006

The Angry Joe Day Photo Contest is OOOOoovaaah!


Midnight PST on the 26th has passed. It is now time for tasting and judgment! (Sorry, too much Iron Chief.)

Anyway, baring technical difficulties, winners should be announced on March 1st, ANGRY JOE DAY 2006! Get ready to party!

A big thanks out to those of you who entered. You're all winners in my book, in that you're all doing your part to keep the spirit of classic GI Joe alive. Keep this up, and Joe can never truly die.

And a special thanks to Sean Huxter who added a Target Talking Sailor to our list of prizes(Heck, I wish I could win that one!) and who will be the guest judge who decides who's going to win it! Thanks, Sean! You are one genuine Good Joe!

Here are the final Angry Joe Day Stats as I see them (correct me if I'm wrong).

Total entries (some entries consist of multiple photos or panels): 30

Total entrants: 16

I said that if we passed 25 entries and 15 entrants, I'd put the Navy Dolphin Handler in the prize pool (no pun intended). So folks, it's killing me to part with it, but it's done! Still that's only six prizes for sixteen entrants. I know some deserving entries will go home empty-handed, which is unfortunate. You guys have exceeded all my expectations.

(By the way, the above picture was filched from the friendly folks at Good Stuff to Go, a great place to shop. The actual item is still in sealed box.)

No comments: